By making a booking, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and fully accept our terms and conditions as detailed below:
- When time allows before the first class, we will send you confirmation of your booking. This will confirm payment, start date, and give other information pertinent to your booking.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they attend on the correct date, time and place for the classes according to the information provided by the instructor.
- Booking confirms your attendance for your chosen training course. Please make every effort to attend each week. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
Fees and Prices:
- The full course fee must be paid in advance of joining the class by a method acceptable to The Modern Dog.
- Failure to pay in a timely fashion may result in your place on the course being given to another client.
- Price advertised at time of booking applies.
Training Class Attendance:
- Our courses consist of 6 weekly classes, rather than a roll-on, roll-off programme or random attendance. For optimum results, we hope that you will attend all the classes and complete the course.
- All dogs must be vaccinated. If you are unsure about vaccinations please consult your vet directly
- Occasionally, we may find that a class environment does not suit a dog or owner. Full discussion over the best way to proceed will be undertaken and this may result in us making alternative arrangements to assist you.
- Children are encouraged to attend classes.
- All children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult who must agree to prevent them from disturbing the process of learning during the class. We reserve the right to ask disruptive children not to attend future classes. .
- We make every effort to ensure safety of both clients and dogs during the classes. By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify The Modern Dog for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you while attending the training classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
- Missed classes cannot be taken by joining another group
Training Class/Premises Rules:
- All dogs must remain on lead and kept away from contact with other dogs within the premises unless specifically instructed by the tutor.
- All instances of accident or injury must be reported to the instructor at the time they occurred.
- Harnesses (except anti-pull types) are permitted in class.
- Flexi leads are not permitted in class to avoid injury to others.
- Head collars are not permitted in class to avoid injury to the dog’s neck and to avoid distraction during training.
- The following items are NOT PERMITTED in classes under any circumstances:
- choke chains, slip leads and/or check chains of any description;
- electronic training collars including anti-bark/citronella;
- any other device that causes discomfort, pain or fear to the dog;
- prong or pinch collars;
- any equipment that the instructor deems unacceptable.
- The use of physical force and punishment-based training techniques are not permitted in The Modern Dog Training classes.
- Because we operate our classes using a very low instructor to dog/handler ratio, refunds may not be given for any cancellations unless the place can be filled by another client. Subject to filling the place, our refund policy is:
- Notice* of cancellation received within:
- 4 weeks (20 working days) of course start date – full refund
- 3 weeks (15 working days) of course start date – 50% refund
- 2 weeks (10 working days) of course start date – 25% refund of course costs
- within 1 week (5 working days) of course start date – 0% No refund given
Refunds and Cancellations:
- There are no exceptions. *Notice of cancellation must be provided in writing & acknowledged by The Modern Dog
- There will be no refund for cancellations due to lack of vaccination or no vaccination card. It is your responsibility to have your dog fully vaccinated and health warranted.
- There will be no partial refunds for missed classes.
- You/your family and your dog may be photographed and/or videoed during the training classes for research, teaching and advertising purposes.
- If you do not consent to your photograph/video being used for commercial purposes, such as on booklets produced by The Modern Dog or on our website or facebook pages, please let your instructor know.
- Unless you state otherwise, your consent for use of your photographs is implied.
- Please note: all use will be anonymous, other than your dog’s name.